Start a Rewarding Career today & Enroll in our Certified Doula TrainingAustralia Wide.
We are pleased to announce that enrollments are now open for our professional Doula Training workshops all around Australia!
A career as a professional birthing support Doula is a very special journey that allows you to participate in sacred experiences that are treasured by our birthing client families. It is best described as a highly rewarding career with incredible experiences and special memories.
Our workshops provide DONA International Doula qualifications with our certified Doula Training program and you will also be invited to join the extended White Owl Birthing Doula network to gain client referral opportunities.
Doula Training Network & Support
Our students are provided with excellent support to get their career moving and will also benefit from our experienced Doula who can provide guidance and on-going support. Our Structured Doula Training program is designed to set a new Australian industry standard for the Doula Profession.
White Owl Birthing offers the highest professional certification and the best value for your investment. In addition to gaining prominent DONA International Doula certification, you also receive:
- Free Doula Profile on our Optimized Website
- Access to our National Doula Referral Agency
- On-going Support and professional development advice
- Access to Wholesale Natural Products to enhance your Doula Service
- Unlimited access to our network of Birthing Professionals
The White Owl Birthing DONA International Doula Training Program
Our course consists of an an intensive program that has been structured on international research and evidence to deliver the industries highest DONA International accredited doula training. Our Doula Training will also provide you with the appropriate professional AHPRA CPE points as well as membership with the Premier Doula Association of the world.
Doula Course Options:
Birth Doula Training – This type of Doula specializes in providing emotional support, encouragement and wisdom throughout labor and birth. This course will award you 20 CPE (continuing professional education) academic Points.
Post Natal Doula Training– This area of specialization focuses on providing support to women and families through the transformation that a new baby brings to a family. This intensive course will award you 27 CPE academic points.
If you wish to complete both qualifications, the course is 6 full day 8:30am to 5:30pm. Completion of both courses will see you awarded 47 CPE points.
Our doula training experts will teach the doulas role in providing emotional and physical comfort measures for the birthing family. Our experienced DONA trainers will share their extensive knowledge and experience in the continuum of pregnancy, childbirth, and post-partum. Participants will learn in a variety of ways including practical hands-on techniques for support.
The DONA International Doula training statement
DONA International has the highest certification standards for doulas worldwide. When a doula proudly adds the letters CD(DONA) or PCD(DONA) after her name, it shows the world she has met all the requirements of our rigorous certification program.
The White Owl Birthing Doula Training is second to none and will ensure you are appropriately prepared to function as a highly sought after DONA International Professional Birthing Support Doula. Our Doula Training Program Can Take Your Birthing Support Career to New Heights! Join an exciting and highly rewarding Industry with the Best Credentials Available Australia Wide!
Top 10 Reasons Why to Join White Owl – the professionals choice
- Birthing Directory listing in Doula, Midwifery, Counselling, Baby Massage Free listing on our site add your technical details
- All doula’s who have booked a DONA Doula training with White Owl Birthing will receive a free premium doula listing valued at $200
- Offering professional confidential Doula supervision services for Doulas across Australia by our highly qualified counsellors over the phone, in person in there region, or on Skype face to face. Our counsellors are passionate about birth and motherhood in general and so they can understand your difficulties and help you reflect on your professional doula issues with clarity. It is helpful when you experience
- loss of a baby at birth
- a traumatic birth that you attended
- difficulties within the birthing process that were challenging to you
- This is very beneficial for all those in a caring profession and especially in birth . It helps when you have a trained counselling professional with supervision qualification and experience to guide you in a therapeutic way that enhances your doula practices without breaking client confidentiality when you need to debrief about a situation. Debriefing process can reduce emotional and compassionate fatigue burnout and also reduce your stress so you are more available to positively support your clients at the time of birth and post natal services.
- Ongoing education seminars for doulas from experts in the field of birth and doula training through our email newsletters and e blasts on great deals in 2012.
- Join our live doula Skype support forum sessions to network and discuss everything birth as part of the White Owl Team of doula support.
- Join our doula agency to receive doula referrals in your area and be entitled to use our White Owl brand and professional networks. This will gain you valuable expert marketing without the effort and hassle of finding the printer, the graphic designer the copy editor and the time to do this and the networks within health.
- You can use our doula brochure templates for your business when you become a White owl Birth doula for:
- Birth Doula
- Post Natal Doula
- Business cards and much more we can organise the lot for you for a small fee just send your contact details
- Offer you tips on getting your doula work off the ground in your community.
- Options to purchase our White Owl doula kits , birthing balls, mats, birthing pools, books and doula equipment at less than retail prices.
- Support whilst you do your DONA Int. certification process to becoming a registered doula.
- Expert mentorship from our highly reputable Birth and Post Natal Trainers.
Doula Training Schedule – Australia
Our schedule for the first series of Doula Training workshops for 2012 is provided below. If you are interested in commencing study in 2011, please contact White Owl Birthing using the form below.
DONA International Doula Training Workshops 2012
The White Owl Training Program allows you gain qualifications as either:
- a Birth Doula [ CD(DONA) after your name ]
- a Post Natal Doula; [ PCD(DONA) after your name ]
- or both credentials which is our most popular option.
At the successful completion of the course and DONA position papers you can proudly include CD(DONA) or PCD(DONA) after your name, as academic credentials.
Doula Training Dates for 2012
Brisbane, Queensland - 24th, 25th, 26th August 2012 Birth Doula Training only
Now taking enrolments for our next round.
To be held in the CBD Brisbane. Venue to be advised on booking.
- Birth Doula Course – $995 – August bookings 2012
- Post Natal Doula Course – $995 to be held in 2013 Expressions of Interest are now open
- Combined Birth & Postal Natal Course – $1995Perth, Western Australia - 28th, 29th, 30th September 2012 Birth Doula Training only,To be held in Perth CBD venue advised on booking
- Birth Doula Course – $995 September workshop 2012 only
- Post Natal Doula Course – $995 – Expression of interest open for 2013 bookings
- Combined Birth & Post Natal Course – $1,995
Melbourne, Victoria. Birth Doula Training 5th, 6th, 7th, October 2012
To be held at St Kilda CBD Melbourne
- Birth Doula Course – $995
- Post Natal Doula Course – $995
- Combined Birth & Post Natal Course – $1,995
Sydney, New South Wales . 2nd, 3rd, 4th Ocotber 2012
To be held in Bondi Junction
- Birth Doula Course – $995 October 2012 workshop only
- Post Natal Doula Course – $995
- Combined Birth & Post Natal Course $1,995